It's been a heck of an amazing month.
- 👏 We wrapped up our 3rd LOI Demo Day (raised $3.5m of interest)
- 🍻 Summer patio season is in full swing (sponsored by #benny)
- 🎈 100 LOI'ers are hanging out at Collision (reply if you're here)
- 🏆 And we justttt announced the YEY awards applications to the world
👀 WTF is YEY??
Don't worry fam, we gotchu.
YEY Stands for Young Entrepreneurs of the Year and the award stems from wanting to celebrate the top young entrepreneurs across the country that are:
- Disrupting the status quo
- Building impactful businesses
- And inspiring the world with their story
Sound like you? Then hit that button below and toss your name in.
And if you're over 30 years old or not an entrepreneur, forward this to somebody that is.
We're gonna celebrate all the winners at a Gala on September 26th in Toronto (event page here) and look forward to seeing you all there.
Please note, Mr. Seth Rogen has been cold-emailed with an MC request, so please standby on his reply in next month's newsletter.
Either way, if you're a kick-ass founder under 30, apply for the YEY award below.
*Bonus: if you can help spread the word today on Instagram, Linkedin, TikTok etc, grab our comms package 🎉
📰 Other LOI News Making Waves
- 💸 Grant Money Up for Grabs: Tara Bosch is looking for young women founders to give away $15,000 and a suite of mentorship opportunities
- 🎥 Move Over Spielberg: We spun up a recap video of our demo day and you can still view all the pitch decks/investor terms if you'd like to meet the founders
- 🍸 New Launch, Who Dis? Benny recently launched their startup. They're an all-natural soft energy drink with verba mate and adaptogens.
- 🎉 New Fellowship: LOI Alumni Diana Virgovicova recently got accepted into Alexis Ohanian's 776 climate fellowship.
- 🚗 Uber Friendly: Spare just confirmed a partnership with Uber and 🍔 Reusables confirmed a partnership with UberEats
- 💯 New round of Labs Open: know a stellar founder under 30 that'd benefit from a 12-week cohort with amazing mentorship and resources. Send them this link to apply.
- 📆 3Common is on a roll: They spun up this event page for LOI's Collision event and they recently launched an Organizer studio to cut platform fees in half. If you're planning an event, use their platform to spin up landing pages in 60 seconds.
- 🗽 In New Yorkkkkkk: Spontivly made it to the NYC Time Square billboard!
- 🎤 Stealing the show: Livia Han was a keynote speaker at Legacy Canada's big event
- 🍺 Party party: Blossom Social hosted a sold-out meetup
- 💸 LOI Venture announced investments in Ethos, Surf and more you can see here.
Want to stay on top of future news happening at LOI? Hit that button below.
🐦 Tweet of the Week
Keep iterating and let timing take care of itself:
And remember: go apply to the award below or nominate a friend that's crushing it with their startup.
Always in your corner,
💙 The LOI Fam