Happy belated July 1st, 4th and summer break to all of you cool cats and kittens. It's been a jam-packed month of greatness for our LOI team. Don't believe us? Here's a taste of what we've been doing:
- 🎈 Partied (and learned) hard at Collision (Thanks to DJ Rob)
- 🖤 Met ~100 of you in Toronto for an IRL meetup (photo below)
- 🥊 Been reading 100s of articles following the Elon vs Zuck fight updates
- 😬 Staying up till 2am too many nights trying to crack the Threads algo
- 📧 Been hustling emails to land sponsors for our YEY Gala Sept 26th
- 👏 Anddddd we launched Labs 11 applications
Missed the fire IG video we made? No sweat. Tap below 👇
But be warned, spots are filling up quickly
We're still buzzing from our Toronto hangout. The bigger question we're wondering about?
Where do we host our next LOI party?
Oh wait, we got something for you.
Hold onto your horses 🐎
We're actually teaming up with the Peak Newsletter to host a Vancouver Summit on October 25th 9am-5pm. Spoiler alert, we're hosting it at one of the coolest offices in Vancouver 🎉
It's limited to 150 people and will be blasted in their newsletter to 200,000 readers later this month. So grab a ticket if you're serious about attending 🎟
*use the LOI15 code for 15% off.
LOI Founders Building Kick Ass AI Startups
- Zeeno's building an AI keyboard tool to supercharge your iPhone typing. Founded by Enrique Moran, Sophie Berger, and Callum Woznow; they recently raised $800K and you can contact their team here
- Expresume is using AI to help candidates create resumes and speed up the job search process. Email their team here
- Dyne is one of the first companies already using Azure's OpenAI to revolutionize the enterprise AI space with generative AI, automated marketing and dynamic menu surge pricing. You can contact their team here
- Blue Guardian uses AI to early detect youth mental health issues. (Think Grammarly but for mental health). You can contact the team's CEO here
- One Trip's building "Shopify for grocers to digitize their inventory". Being graduates of LOI and Next AI has put them on a quick start. Email their team here
- Akeeva's building a new obituary creator tool that removes the stresses and struggles of writing an obituary. It allows one to generate a beautiful life story in seconds. They've even started partnering with funeral providers across Canada / US. Contact their team here
- Ace Interview Prep by Lauren DeSouza building a “sidekick” for your interview process. You can contact the team here
- Eigen Fitness's leveraging AI to help gym users progress efficiently to reach their goals in the weight room. Currently, on track to do $100k in sales, the Nodes can detect early injury. They also have AI in development to create the most effective workout programs using compiled data from our hardware. Email their team here
- WaiveTheWait'S building AI tools to support medical organizations automate routine tasks. With AI, they saved clinics 100s of hours from slow documentation processes. Email the founder here
- SnapWrite's using AI to automate product digitization for eCommerce companies, SEO and create resale potentials for items using image-to-text technology. SnapWrite AI was a venture of the year at NEXT36 2022 and LOI alumni. Email them here
- WingZ's a payment app that provides local businesses with real-time insights on how long their money stays local and how much of it returns to their own business after every transaction. With AI, they are reinventing local commerce and maximizing the retention of funds within local communities. Hit up the team here with questions
- Foodage is helping restaurants lower costs and reduce waste by forecasting demand accurately with AI. Connect with their team via email to learn more
- Trigger Tracker uses an AI-based smart food diary to correlate users' diet to their symptoms with just a photo of their meal. Their venture is specifically catered toward those with IBD, IBS, Celiac and other diet-restricting disorders. Contact the founder here
Inspired by the founders above? 🤷♀️
Send them an email to inquire about joining their team, becoming a customer or giving feedback on their product.
Got a startup of your own leveraging AI? Send it to us so we can feature it in our next round-up.
📣 Asks and Offers
- 🏡 Wanna Join a Montreal Founder House? Amanda Tanner has 12 bites on people that wanna join. Message her if you'd like to add your name
- 👩💻 Got Experience with Data Processing Agreements? Osose Itua is trying to draft a document stating how privacy will be observed when managing a client's data.
- 🛠 Want Slide Deck Help? Skim this article outlining the 12 slides VCs really care about in a seed deck
- 🧪 Got a lab contact? Dolma's looking for a wet lab contact in Vancouver? Know anybody you can intro her to? Hit her up here
- 💸 Prishita's hungry to hire grant writers. Message her if you know a great fit
🤩 Cool Stuff LOI Folks Are Building or Doing
- 🎁 Suck at focusing? Ryan Kelly spun up this app to help you.
- 💥 Josh Gray rocked the stage in at FounderFuel's Demo Day
- 📝 A 2016 LOI alumni shared his top gems: from finishing the accelerator. Here's his answers
- 💰 Free Money from Telus: Adara shared a $125K grant TELUS is handing out to business owners
- 🇨🇦 In Toronto? Go visit the Marlow team at the Stackt Market. See their hours here.
- ✌️ Selfies w/ the Founder of Twitch: Eric Zhu snagged a photo with Justin Kan this month
- 📸 Max from Blossom made it into Collision's recap video
- 🚀 Back up, we got a rocket launch: Tinashe shipped his new app for InTutionPay. Try it here!
- 🎤 Move over T-Swift: Matias from EthosNFT was speaking on stage beside Puma and Liquid Death
- 🧦 Fashion Flex: Vivian from MAE is digging her new LOI socks
🐦 Tweet of the Week
Coffee doesn't always mean coffee. Double-check those Friday cal invites.
That's all for this week folks.
P.S. If you haven't already, go apply to the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award below or nominate a friend that's crushing it with their startup.
Always in your corner,
💙 The LOI Fam