📰 It's December: Holiday socials are on the rise. Cybertrucks are on the road. Mariah Carey's blastin' on your Airpods. Sam Altman has his job back. Your neighbours are judging how many Black Friday packages are on your doorstep. Andddd you still haven't signed up for our AMA with the founder of 1-800-Got-Junk who grew his startup idea from 0 to $300m/year. Clean your conscience and RSVP already
Now, nod your head with us if you're ready to hit the goods.
On Deck Today:
- 📆 Set your goals with Brian Scudamore on Dec 12th [RSVP]
- 👏 Some key founder wins and stories from the LOI community
- 📝 Wanna scale your startup? Sign up for our Boost 2024 Program waitlist
- ❤️ Missed our Giving Tuesday post? Donate to our LOI charity
- 🥁 Wanna level up your AI skills? Join our 2024 AI cohort
📆 Join our Goal Setting Workshop with Brian Scudamore on Dec 12th
Brian Scudamore started as a young entrepreneur just like you. At 18, he needed some cash to afford life, so he:
- 🛻 picked up a $700 truck
- 🎨 painted his phone # on the side
- 💰 and started hauling junk around the city
It ended up taking him 8 years to make his first million and now today, his business group earns ~$1m on any given day with their thousands of staff and every metro city covered across North America.
One of the most valuable things Brian learned in his time as a founder is the power of building effective goals, or as he likes to call it, making a "painted picture". But when you hear the word paint, think less Bob Ross, and more business vision casting.
For instance, Brain used his "painted picture" to:
- 🎯 find his dream COO
- 🎯 score a spot on Oprah and Ellen's TV Show
- 🎯 and grow his brand and be established in every major metro city across North America and Australia
Not bad eh? And just last week we heard that Brian was kind enough to open up his own calendar to speak to our LOI community (aka you) to show you how he does it so you can repeat the process.
All you gotta do is show up and take notes. But there will be time for questions at the end as well.
If you're keen to set up some 2024 goals that truly move the dial smash that button below to secure your seat.
Missed our Giving Tuesday post?
December's a busy time. So no offense if you missed it. But if you didn't hear, we publicly announced our goal to raise $10,000 for our LOI Accelerator Charity to expand our programming.
If you'd like to contribute, you can learn more here.
Founder News of the Month
- 🏆 Congrats to the founders of Reusables and Plufl for being announced in the Forbes 30 under 30 list this last week
- 👗 Rax passed 1 year of business: check out this recap reel from Marley where she spills the beans on what she's learned
- ✈️ Our 31 YEY Winners from November are booking their free Flair flights this week
- 💸 We hosted our 1st intro series on "how young founders can raise a pre-seed/seed round" with some world-class speakers like Karen Danudjaja from Blume, Kaylee Astle from Blanka and Michael Grantmyre from Osler
- 🎉 Swish Goswami has been announced as our new Chair of the Board at the League of Innovators
- 📰 Diana from Xatoms just presented her TEDx talk
- 📕 BC students reading this newsletter (or relatives of yours you know) should apply to win $40,000 from the Beedie Luminaires grant expiring at the end of the month
- Taylor Lindsay-Noel spoke to our founders about how she scored a spotlight at Oprah's Favourite List and pivoted from an aspiring Olympian with a fatal accident to a confident founder in the e-commerce space
- 💝 All these founders have amazing Black Friday deals you should check out
- 🎤 We're already planning our 2024 YEY event and expecting 1,000+ people. Save your seat here if you're in Toronto and send us a note if you're interested in being a speaker
- 🔥 Lily Bond (19 years old) just closed a 100-store partnership with Farm Boy across Ontario.
- 🙏 Fasken said some very kind words about partnering with us on LinkedIn. Give it a listen here.
- Some of our YEY winners got featured in BC Business a little while ago
Want to stay on top of future news happening at LOI? Hit that big blue-ish button below. It'll give you good startup luck for 7 years.
Got some founder news you want us to feature in the next newsletter? Reply to this email and we'll add it in.
💭 Thought of the Week
Don't forget: snag your seat to our AMA with Brian Scudamore before it's too late.
Your startup bestie-boos,
💙 The LOI Fam
P.S. If you want to apply for a free founder program you can take with League of Innovators (LOI) to level up your startup in 2024, just reply to this email and we'll get in touch.